Friday, December 14, 2007

 

Halfway there...

I'm done with the first semester of my Sophomore year! Life is speeding up so quickly that sometimes it's hard to just stop and enjoy life. The perfect example is how fast winter break flew by. The 2 weeks I spent in Madison felt like 2 days. It was so nice to catch up with my family and friends. Michigan's schedule is not in sync with other schools so I was pretty much alone the first week back as all my friends were in the middle of finals... but when they all got back in town it was so nice to hear about their college experiences.

Over break I also had to prepare for department auditions. The Musical Theatre Department is producing CAROUSEL and CAUCASIAN CHALK CIRCLE next semester. CCC is a play by Brecht and promises to be a very interesting piece of theatre. The head of our department has been talking about doing CAROUSEL for years and has finally made the decision to produce it. This promises to be one of the biggest and best productions Michigan has ever put on.

I, unfortunately, was not cast this semester. While I completely understand that I am not exactly right for either show it is still hard to be attending a school where you are a performance major who's not performing. I'm ecstatic for my fellow classmates but I can't help but feel a bit bitter about their good fortune.

This weekend is shaping up to be spectacular. My best friend from home is coming in to town, an alumni, Alex Brumel, is having a concert and it is one of my closest friend's birthday. My next post promises to have a lot of great stories from this coming weekend.

-Nathan Lehmann

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?