Tuesday, December 4, 2007

 

finals week and A GOOD BOY

Finals start next week... TERRIFYING! I have one week to do an obscene amount of work in addition to working behind the scenes on the University's Production of A GOOD BOY. I would have plenty of time to finish my work if I didn't have rehearsals to go to every night... but I signed myself up for it so I guess I'll have to deal. I am so excited to go home for the holidays... there is something about Christmas time and the holidays that makes me instantly happy! The decorations, the music and just the overall tone of the season is so uplifting... I LOVE IT!

If you don't have any plans this weekend you should come to see A GOOD BOY... it plays Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. It is a very interesting piece because it neither a play nor a musical. It sits artistically somewhere in between these two art forms. The dance inserted in to scenes throughout the piece is what makes it, to some extent, a musical but the lack of singing makes one shy away from this label very quickly. The show follows the story of a boy whose first love is dance growing up in a family that has its troubles... to say the least. Scott's mother is also highlighted in the piece. We see her relive her troubled childhood as Scott grows and matures. So come see it! It's not the most uplifting piece of theatre ever created but it definitely has its moments of brilliance.


-Nathan Lehmann

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?