Thursday, October 18, 2007

 

Fall Break!!!

The four days I had off for fall break was a much needed rest from the crazy schedule I keep for most of the school year. There was no class, no rehearsal, no work in the costume shop, NOTHING; just time to relax! I was supposed to use this break to study for my midterms and work on my huge paper I have due for Art History but this time off was spent mostly with friends and not in a library.

Last weekend was the opening of the University's production of BIG RIVER. I was able to attend a preview performance and it was amazing! All of the productions put on by the Musical Theatre department are great but BIG RIVER really struck a chord with me. The music and the talent on that stage was astounding to witness and I count myself lucky to be in the same department as those performers. After the show closed on Sunday there was a cast party for the whole department at one of my fellow MT's house. I had the most fun I've ever had at Michigan at this party!

To top the weekend off I went to see THE 25th ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE, the musical, in Detroit. There were two graduates from Michigan in the production and watching them perform was so inspiring. The fact that they are performing professionally so soon after they graduated last May is amazing and makes me very hopeful about my life after Michigan!

-Nathan Lehmann

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?