Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

Am I OCD?

My mother is one of the most organized people I know. She is constantly updating her date book and making her "to-do" list for the following day. As much as I don't like to admit it, I am very much like my mother and the chromosome carrying the "organization" gene was most definitely passed to me. I am constantly making lists of what tasks I need to accomplish. I make lists of my schedule each day even when I have only one class to go to and nothing more. Most people might call this OCD, but I call it smart!

I am an extremely stressed out person and for some reason writing out exactly what I need to do alleviates this stress that is always looming in the back of my mind. Crossing off tasks on my list makes me absurdly happy. My friends laugh at me when they see my list but I think organization is something all college students need! The life of a student is very hectic. We have class in addition to extra curriculars in addition to just being a person and keeping our social lives in tact. I am at school to grow intellectually but also to grow as a human being.

So at the end of the day, I think my OCD makes my life, ironically, less crazy! I am able to schedule my time in such a way that I am able to keep my sanity while still meeting my scholastic demands.

-Nathan Lehmann

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?